This is Alice dancing and accepting her certificate from completing the Sustainability Conference... get it girl!! :)
25 seconds of pure smiles!
The biggest priorities ahead
When I first met Alice, she told me that one day, she would run the best school in Tanzania. As crazy as that sounded at the time: there were 30 kids, no water, food, classrooms, bathrooms, or teachers, she believed whole-heartedly that this was possible.
In the past 7 years, Alice has made tremendous strides towards her vision. There are now 300 students at her school, over 40 jobs, 2 water wells providing water for the school and broader community, small businesses being started and run by women, adult education classes, food security programs, an orphan's home, a community housing project that will soon serve over 200 families .. it's remarkable that she has been able to achieve so much.
Alice hasn't just created one of the best schools in Arusha - she's running a center that has created prosperity for thousands.
In her mind - she's just getting started. In January of this year, she opened the doors to Glorious' second school campus. Currently our administrative building is acting as a temporary school for our older kids. However, the plan was always to build a multi-level school allow all students to complete their studies at Glorious School.
If we don't break ground this year, our Class 6 students will have to find another school to continue their studies next year.
The time to break ground on the foundation has arrived!
The school will allow us to take on 600 new children and provide a K-12 education for all of our children so that we can assure they complete their studies! This school is BIG .. but it's impact will be HUGE .. we'll be able to provide quality education todouble the amount of children, and double the amount of jobs in the community.
To complete the foundation, we'll need to raise $100,000.
Alice and Julius are committed to raising funding themselves to help with the foundation. And we have committed to help them find as much of the $100,000 we can before the end of the year.
Please consider making a donation of any size to help us reach our goal. We will be looking high and low for grants to cover $50,000 - but are looking to you, our incredible community who has already made so much happen, to help cover the remaining $50,000.
If you have any ideas for us for grants, or connections to someone you might know to help us out - Any and every donation counts.
Thank you! - and please feel free to contact me directly with any questions at hannah@beGlorious.org
June 2012 - Current
August 2015 - March 2017
Stripe – Stripe.com
- Established and lead processes and tools for effectively managing the organization.
- Partnered internally, externally and cross-functionally to drive key strategic processes and initiatives.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making with leaders and teams at Stripe and with external partners.
- Deliver results on complex small to large scale projects involving teams across the company and with external partners.
- Work with stakeholders to define and document requirements.
October 2014 - August 2015
Mama Hope – mamahope.org
Global Advocate Fellow
- Fundraised nearly $40,000 via email/social media campaigns and events for three projects in Tanzania; to be used for the completion of multiple sustainability projects.
- Lived in Arusha and Moshi, Tanzania between January-May 2015 to collaborate with multiple organizations and schools to start programs to empower women and children, erect a 10,000 liter water well, build two new classrooms, start a bike share program for children and work with leaders of the community to improve sustainability efforts.
- On the ground work included managing the logistics of construction, establishing budgets for the organizations sustainability plan, and enhancing partners administrative systems.
- Communicated on the ground progress and setbacks to supporters and the team in SF.
May 2013 - February 2014
Prehype – prehype.com
Entrepreneur in Residence
- Managed and created new ventures within large organizations.
- Created lean product plans for pitches to executive teams.
- Led cross-functional teams to create a MVP on both desktop and mobile platforms within three months.
- Led, coached and developed high performance teams.
- Created wireframes and productized data outputs to help make informed decisions around marketing strategy.
- Advised early stage startups to define product goals, vision and roadmap.
- Clients included: News Corp, Mondelez, and Bark & Co.
August 2012 - September 2013
Clients included: Internet Week NYC, Skillcrush, and Brooklyn Beta Summer Camp.
October 2010 - June 2012
Flipboard – flipboard.com
Director of Production
- Led the team that launched the Flipboard Publishers Program, that is now the basis of the Flipboard revenue model. The beta program participation grew over 200% in the first 28 months and included such brands as The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, Bon Appetit, The Guardian and National Geographic.
- Collaborated with the VP of Advertising to create the beta version of the first e-commerce experience on Flipboard with Levi's.
- Recruited and built the Flipboard Pages team from 1 to 10 team members.
- Developed product and technical roadmaps for the Flipboard Pages program.
- Responsible for negotiating partnership agreements for inclusion in the Publisher program.
- Collaborated with the head of curation to onboard key partners and identify criteria for strategic launches.
- Coached publishers on content strategy for Flipboard Pages.
- Responsible for day to day management of over 80 publishers.
- Oversaw external vendors and freelancers.
- Coordinated technical and creative teams to deliver work that met Flipboard's business needs while still following the visual direction of the magazine.
- Collaborate with Directors across the company to streamline production.
- Creative direction on all launched partners.
- Mentored junior employees and provided career development for key Flipboard Pages team.
- Ensure all 80+ partners smoothly transitioned to new platforms, such as Android.
- Create process around Flipboard Pages development to establish innovation and ensure efficiency while accounting for scalability without sacrificing quality.
- Oversaw creation of advertisements to insert within Flipboard Pages.
December 2007 - April 2011
Miami Ad School – miamiadschool.com
- Instructed classes on illustration, web design, UX, and final thesis course.
- Developed syllabi and course structure for the aforementioned courses. This included defining course requirements, assignments, materials, and employed technologies.
June 2010 - December 2010
Eight Inc. – eightinc.com
- Managed a minimum of 10 million dollars of client work annually.
- Improved profitability of projects after evaluating/improving previous project process.
- Defined project plans, scopes, resource allocation, and project milestones to align with project budgets.
- Restructured servers to improve reuse of project information and historic knowledge of projects.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors and clients.
- Managed both the client communication and internal team to ensure that the project moved forward smoothly and that the team stayed true to the vision of the project.
- Sample project types included: Website and Custom CMS Development/Design, Application Development/Design (including Android, iPhone, iPad), UX, Strategy, Brand Design, Interactive Touch Screen Walls, Interior Store Design, Product Fabrication, and Signage.
- Sample clients included: Citi Bank, Apple, Tourneau, and ESPN Star.
May 2008 - June 2010
The Barbarian Group – barbariangroup.com
- Managed teams of 2 to 20 employees across multiple projects totaling 6 million dollars annually.
- Provided product management, project management, and strategic planning on interactive advertising campaigns and digital product development.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of agency clients and internal teams.
- Represented agency in client and pitch briefings.
- Worked with directors across all departments to establish company-wide production standards and workflow.
- Oversaw external vendor and freelance relationship management.
- Orchestrated initiatives from pitch and proposal, through budget and SOW.
- Responsible for resource allocation, development, delivery, and post-launch media and business strategy.
- Coordinated technical and creative teams to deliver work that meets client business goals and highlights agency strengths.
- Sample project types included: Website and Custom CMS Development/Design, Application Development/Design (including Android , iPhone, iPad), UX, Strategy, Brand Design, Augmented Reality, Content Strategy, and Banner Development.
- Sample clients included: Adidas, Adobe, CAA, Casebook, CHANEL, CNN, Digg, Economist, Esquire, Modelinia, PerkStreet, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, San Diego Zoo, Tennman Digital, and GE.
September 2003 - November 2009
I See France –iseefrance.net
- Conceived, incorporated, and directed the eCommerce based apparel company.
- Created and disseminated press releases and promotional materials to magazines, newspapers, and other relevant media outlets.
- Directed development of new products and designs; coordinating with graphic designers, clothing manufacturers, and screen printers.
October 2007 - April 2008
Mule Design – muledesign.com
- Managed budgets, schedules, new business initiatives, internal teams, and clients; created SOW's, proposals, and negotiated contracts.
- Sample clients included: All Things D, Cake Financial, PBS, KickStart, and Six Apart.
June 2007 - October 2007
Odopod – odopod.com
- Supported lead video editor during production of a series of videos for NikeSoccer.com.
- Logged footage, identified selects, and edited video.
- Coordinated with the video field crew, music labels, motion graphics designers, Wieden+Kennedy, and R/GA to complete videos.
- Served as a direct contact for the U.S. Soccer team to coordinate footage, interview players, and obtain more information to enhance videos.
- Sample clients included: Nike Soccer, and Museum of Science, and Industry.
September 2000 - June 2007
Freelance Senior Producer
- Responsibilities included development, illustration, and managing budgets, schedules, internal teams, and clients.
- Sample clients included: Yerba Buena Center SF, US magazine, Wolter Group, The Biggest Loser, Venda (Pokemon, Landsend, Market Expo), and Junction Solutions (Mrs. Fields).
September 2005 - September 2006
Accenture Enterprise Workforce
Application Development & Support Analyst
- Responsible for building, testing, and providing technical documentation of applications. Support spanned all activities and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle for both IT Initiative development as well as operations/maintenance. The technologies involved varied by system and capability.
- Participated in structured application development and testing throughout all phases of development.
- Developed and documented work units based on the technical design received.
- Created and documented test conditions and test scripts. Document test results followed CIO Application Test Framework.
- Provided application support (issue resolution, troubleshooting, and enhancements).
- Ensured all key deliverables were reviewed before delivering.
- Reported issues and status related to assigned work.
- Worked with the appropriate groups throughout Global Development Organization as necessary.
- Assisted and participated in Communities meetings.
- Responsible for developing secure and robust applications [developed and tested secure code, and implemented the required security controls into applications] in compliance with Accenture's security, and Accenture's CIO InfoSec policies and standards.
- Integrated and maintained security controls from the beginning to the end of applications' development life-cycle.
- Documented applications security architecture and design.
- Supported all audit and internal control activities (where applicable). This included Application Security Assessments, Internal Audit reviews, and external audit (KPMG) activities
April 2001 - September 2005
Columbia College Chicago
- Instructor for numerous courses including Designing for the Web I, Introduction to Computer Graphics, Computer Graphic Portfolio Development, Photoshop I, Photoshop Tips and Techniques, and Illustrator.
- Developed syllabi and course structure for the aforementioned courses which were implemented department-wide. This included defining course requirements, assignments, materials, and employed technologies.
- Served as Internship Coordinator for four semesters assisting students in internship acquisition. Maintained a 100% success rate and placed over 50 students in positions relevant to their studies.
- Instituted a student portfolio review day where over fifteen professionals in multiple areas of expertise critiqued student portfolios.
April 2001 - September 2005
Columbia College Chicago
Web Programmer/Designer - Information Technology
- Created web portal applications for OASIS Project using .NET technologies which allows faculty, staff, and students to access administrative processes such as registration, admissions, and billing.
- Developed web applications used for college portals, university intranet, and public websites.
- Involved in full application life cycle of aforementioned projects including system analysis and design, graphic design, software development, testing and quality assurance, maintenance, and ongoing revision to accommodate evolving system requirements.
- Enhanced Jenzabar web portal features using CSS, Perl, and XHTML to deliver greater adherence to best practices for this technology.
- Prepared and presented workshops to faculty to improve use of relevant course technologies, resulting in positive impact on the educational process.
- Conceived and instituted the Technology Fellows Grant, which assists faculty in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance their existing course work.
Tanzania, San Francisco, 2015 - Current
Glorious – beglorious.org
San Francisco, 2016 - current
Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco – ecs-sf.org
- ECS CHEFS Gala Marketing Committee Member.
- Serve dinner monthly to homeless staying at the ECS shelter in collaboration with students enrolled in the CHEFS program.
Tanzania, San Francisco, 2015 - 2016
globalbike in collaboration with the Cyclones – globalbike.org
Special Advisor: Africa Projects and Fund Development
San Francisco, 2014
The Great Wall of Oakland + Oakland Art Murmur – oaklandartmurmur.org
- Conducted audience engagement study and research to aid in grant development. Additionally, consultant to improve audience engagement.
New York, 2013 - 2014
Givlet – givlet.org
- Assisted with product development. Advised on user interface and design.
New York, 2013
Foster Dogs NYC – fosterdogsnyc.org
- Helped to organize events to raise funds for dogs in need. Served on board.
San Francisco, 2009
Age Song – agesong.com
- Assisted employees at the retirement home, Age Song, in taking residents on weekend outings.
Red Cross – redcross.org
- Participated in scanning Katrina victims for aid to rebuild their homes.
- Served lunches to Katrina victims and held fundraisers.
Chicago Cares – chicagocares.org
- Served as a volunteer to rehabilitate low-income schools.
American Cancer Society – cancer.org
- Raised fifteen hundred dollars toward cancer research.
- Created project plan including site map, production schedule, and site architecture for the redesign Center for International Rehabilitation.
- Supervised and placed three interns at the Center for International Rehabilitation.
Core Pilates, New York, NY
Pilates Instructor Certification for Mat
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Graduate Course Work
Major: Computer, Information and Network Security
Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Art
Major: Digital Media Technology
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
.NET Developer Certificate
Loyola University Rome Center, Rome, Italy
Emphasis: Italian culture and fine art
- Guest Lecturer for NYU, Stanford, DePaul University, CCC Journalism Department, Victor J. Andrew, and Oak Lawn Community High School, 2003-2010.
- Guest blogger for the 2006 VMA's.
- I See France featured in PlayGirl June 2005, Elemental May 2005, Chicago Magazine April 2005, Venus Magazine March 2005, and Crown Dozen online magazine November 2004.
- Member of CTI Entrepreneurship Club affiliated with the Kellstadt Business School and Her CTI at DePaul University, 2004-2006.
- I See France mentioned in Taschen's 1000 Favorite Websites book, 2004.
- Member of Her CTI at DePaul University, 2004.
- Received the Technology Fellows Grant to develop an online portal for the Introduction to Computer Graphics course in which instructors could share, collaborate, and discuss course material (20 sections of the course), 2003.
- Featured Guest, Adobe.com partner website, 2001.
- FIPSE Grant recipient, assisted instructor in guiding students with creative skills, software issues, and various graphic situations in the classroom. Created Director pieces to showcase student work at the Chicago Cultural Center, 2001.