Free Printable Math Worksheets for Grade 4
This is a comprehensive collection of free printable math worksheets for grade 4, organized by topics such as addition, subtraction, mental math, place value, multiplication, division, long division, factors, measurement, fractions, and decimals. They are randomly generated, printable from your browser, and include the answer key. The worksheets support any fourth grade math program, but have been specifically designed to match Math Mammoth grade 4 curriculum.
The worksheets are randomly generated each time you click on the links below. You can also get a new, different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
You can print them directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview". If the worksheet does not fit the page, adjust the margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of your browser. Another option is to adjust the "scale" to 95% or 90% in the Print Preview. Some browsers and printers have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to fit the printable area.
All worksheets come with an answer key placed on the 2nd page of the file.
Addition in columns
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 4 addends
Subtraction in columns
- Build a four-digit number from the parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 4-digit number (print in landscape)
- Build a 5-digit number from parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 5-digit number
- Build a 6-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 6-digit number
- Round to the nearest ten, within 1,000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest thousand, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest ten thousand, within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 1 - round to the nearest 10 or 100
- Mixed rounding problems 2 - round to the nearest 10, 100, or 1000
- Mixed rounding problems 3 - as above but rounding to the underlined digit
- Mixed rounding problems 4 - round to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 5 - round to any place value within 1,000,000
These are completely optional, as Roman Numerals are not included in the Common Core standards.
- Multiplication tables 2-10, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-12, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-10, missing factor
- Multiplication tables 2-12, missing factor
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole hundreds
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens or whole hundreds
- Multiply single-digit numbers, whole tens, or whole hundreds by the same
- As above, but missing factor
- The same as above, but also including whole thousands
- As above, missing factor
- Multiply in parts 1: single-digit number by a 2-digit number
- Multiply in parts 2: single-digit number by a number near a whole hundred
- Multiply in parts 3: single-digit number by a 3-digit number
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — four operations
Multiply in columns
- Division facts practice (tables 1-10)
- Division facts practice (tables 1-12)
- Missing dividend or divisor (basic facts)
- Divide by 10 or 100
- Divide by whole tens or hundreds
- Divide whole tens and whole hundreds by 1-digit numbers mentally
- Division with remainder within 1-100, based on basic facts
- Division with remainder within 1-100
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole ten
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole hundred
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — four operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — five operations
- Division facts practice (using the long division symbol)
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
The following worksheets are slightly beyond Common Core Standards for 4th grade, and are optional.
- Convert between millimeters & centimeters (for example, 34 mm = ___ cm ____ mm)
- Convert between centimeters & meters (for example, 2 m 65 cm = _____ cm)
- Mixed practice of the two above (millimeters, centimeters, and meters)
- Convert between meters and kilometers (for example, 2,584 m = ____ km _____ m)
- Mixed practice of the ones above (mm, cm, m, and km)
- Convert between milliliters and liters (for example, 2,584 ml = ____ L _____ ml)
- Convert between grams and kilograms (for example, 5 kg 600 g = ________ g)
- Mixed practice of the two above: ml & l and g & kg
- All metric units mentioned above - mixed practice
- Convert between inches and feet (e.g. 35 in. = ___ ft ___ in.)
- Convert whole miles & feet or yards
- Convert between ounces & pounds (e.g. 62 oz = ___ lb ___ oz)
- Convert between cups, pints, quarts, and gallons
- All customary units mentioned above - mixed practice
Fractions to mixed numbers or vv.
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself:
Homeschool Planning Worksheets
Homeschool planning worksheets are available for homeschool parents looking for quick, printable tools to keep themselves organized. Time4Learning’s printable homeschool planning worksheets help parents capture a weekly at-a-glance schedule of activities, homeschool goals, student’s strengths and weaknesses, and much more.
Here are printable homeschool planning worksheets to support your homeschooling organization efforts:
Time4Learning offers printable math worksheets for many of the interactive activities. These worksheets help reinforce the learning activity that the student just completed online. Parents will find worksheets for arithmetic, operations, geometry, algebra, measurements, fractions, money, patterns and statistics. There are also printable math worksheets on time, length, weight, temperature, graphing, probability, ratios, percents, decimals and linear equations.
Here are a few sample worksheets that accompany the online math lessons:
Language Arts Worksheets
Worksheets are available with both Time4Learning’s language arts lessons and the language arts extensions lessons. These printable language arts worksheets are available for most grade levels. Students can print out worksheets for reading comprehension, phonics, grammar, poetry, vocabulary, spelling, processing skills and elements of writing.
Here are a few sample printable reading worksheets that accompany the language arts online lessons:
Time4Learning offers printable science worksheets for most grade levels. Science, along with social studies is offered as a bonus. The science curriculum is available for students in the first through sixth grades. Parents can expect to see printables on the scientific method, weather, energy, anatomy, the forms of matter, physics, astronomy and ecology. Light, sound, electricity, magnetism, plants, organisms and the life cycle are also lessons that have accompanying worksheets.
Here are a few sample worksheets that accompany our online science lessons:
Social Studies Worksheets
Social studies is provided for students in the second through seventh grades. Time4Learning’s printable social studies worksheets help reinforce the following topics: political science, civics, history, geography, ancient civilizations, immigration, the economic system, the American Revolution and English colonization. Civil War, World War I and World War II worksheets can also be found on Time4Learning’s website.
Here are a few sample worksheets that accompany our online social studies lessons:
I LOVE Time4Learning! It holds the attention of my kids, plus I can keep track of their learning without hovering over their shoulders.
I am really pleased with Time4Learning. It has made a world of difference in my son’s academic performance in school!
Time4Learning is a certified green company. The paperless curriculum means all lessons are completed entirely online and the program is accessible from any computer with an Internet connection. Time4Learning does offer printable worksheets as part of the online curriculum. These worksheets are completely optional and not required for students to complete. The printable worksheets are designed for additional practice and also to accommodate students who have a tactile learning preference.
Time4Learning has helped thousands of children. Why not yours?
Key Features of Time4Learning’s Home Education Program
Time4Learning.com combines 1500+ multimedia lessons, printable worksheets and graded activities in a student-paced environment that brings concepts to life. Math and language arts lessons are correlated to state standards. Science, social studies and art are also provided as a bonus to most grades.
Parents get access tolesson plans, printable worksheets, teaching tools (located in the Parent Dashboard), detailed reporting and parental support through our online Parent Forum.
Other key features of the program:
- Students get individual logins and work on their own schedule and pace
- Parents can set the grade level independently for each subject
- The grade above and below are available in most grades for review and additional study
- Detailed lesson plans available for parents who wish to review lesson contents
- Access to an online playground that rewards and motivates
- An automated system grades lessons and keeps reports for homeschool portfolio usage (shown below)
- Sign up and get started on the same day!
Time4Learning is entirely web based, so there is no software to download, no CDs and nothing additional to purchase. Students will be able to access the program 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection.
Time4Learning offers a 14-day money-back guarantee and the ability to stop, start, or pause anytime.Browse lesson plans, try the interactive lesson demos, read curriculum reviews, or view the curriculum overview to see what’s available.